A Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is simply a better way — a more effective and efficient model of health care delivery wherein a practice is transformed into a new model, producing better care and lowering costs.
In a Patient-Centered Medical Home:
• Patients develop a long-term relationship with a personal primary care physician.
• A practice-based care team takes collective responsibility for a patient’s ongoing care.
• The care team is responsible for providing or arranging all a patient’s healthcare needs.
• Patients can expect care that is coordinated across care settings and disciplines.
• Quality is measured and improved as part of daily workflow.
• Patients experience enhanced access and communication.
• The practice uses electronic health records, registries and other clinical support systems.